Wednesday, January 2, 2008

All in a days work.....

Not to brag, but I at the moment, as of 9:45pm, I am pretty proud of myself! I know you people with multiple kids have probably already mastered this, especially Michelle who 5 outta 7 days a week usually puts the kids down herself, but still........Kim and Jared went on a date tonight, their first since Bella came into the world, leaving me in charge of the little munchkins. As Kim's walking out the door, I'm explaing to Lilli (4) that after mommy leaves, we are going to eat dinner, watch a little show, take a bath, read books and be in bed with lights out by 8:30-her and her sister. Kim does a little chuckle, it doesn't hurt to dream, right? I have to say.....we did it. Lilli was a great helper, helping me wash Isabella's hair, not throwing a fit when I said that her favorite moment of the day-bath time-was up. She just got out, dried off and got her nightgown on. Then proceeded to grab a couple books and crawl in my lap for me to read while I feed Isabella a bottle with the other hand. When we were done, she wanted to read some more, so I told her she could read until I was finished with her sister, then it was lights out-no fights. So she grabs a couple books, climbs into bed, I finish with Isabella, put her in bed, lights out-close the door, and kiss Princess Lilli goodnight, tell her a quick made up story about a prince, close the door and look at the clock. It's 8:13. REALLY??? Whoa! As I write, Isabella is still asleep, more than likely will want to get up soon to eat again, and Lilli is fast asleep, by 8:45 to be exact! Yup, as predicted-There is sweet Isabella's eyes on the video monitor...well...at least I got an hour and a half! Better get her before she wakes Lilli...guess that's what I'd get for bragging....Night! Oh, got some GREAT shots of Bella sleeping today, will get those up later! Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can come to my house ANY time you want. Troy is actually sick in bed today and though the three older kids are sleeping I still have Joanna crying at the moment. She had a late nap and apparantly is not ready for bed yet. Oh well.
Shelly

Ronda said...

Of course you can do it!
Looking forward to seeing the pictures!