Friday, February 8, 2008

Ponder...

My latest pondered question that is haunting me....

How is it that something that felt, and still feels SO right - go wrong?

I was reminded last night that God has a plan and a purpose for EVERYTHING and that His hand is in EVERYTHING. I need to surrender it to Him......can I surrender it to Him with my input on how a situation should go? I know that sounds silly, but that's how I feel. "Um, excuse me God, but, well, I was wondering, if I hand this situation over to you, can it turn out like....." Though, deep down, I know that He is God, and He will do whatever He wants to! I will rest in that truth. I will rest in the truth that God's plan is Perfect. That God is Perfect. That His love for me doesn't change because of situations or my lack of trust. I will rest in the fact that God's will will be done and in His perfect timing none-the-less! A couple quotes that were shown to me......

Vindication does not come from self-defensive arguments; it stems from integrity (Ps. 26:1). It requires that I allow God to examine my mind and heart (v.2) and that I walk in His truth (v.3). This, of course, requires patient waiting (25:21).
When we call on God, He will help us—but in His perfect time and in His perfect way
I prayed: the answer long deferred brought not the thing I sought;He answered better than my plea,Yes, better than my thought. —Anon.
The purpose of prayer is not to get what we want, but to become what God wants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you! and looking forward to seeing you.

Shelly